Pages

Word of the Year

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Yesterday, my favorite Utah blogger/Disney lover Brooklyn, tweeted a link to her blog post back in December about her word of the year. The first thing that crossed my mind was why I did't remember reading that post, probably because I have over 600 blog posts to catch up on on BlogLovin' and school has once again taken over my life, but the second thing that came to mind was that I wanted a word of the year. Yes, yes, I know it is January 29 and resolutions were already supposed to have been made, and some have even been broken, but it is still January so at least I'm not making a word of the year in like October. Right? Okay. Glad we're on the same page now.
Here is some of the background information that went into my decision of my word of the year, which if you are impatient, like I am, have already scrolled down to the bottom to read it. Don't be tempted to do that now. We're almost there. And please keep in mind how much I don't like "New Year, New Me" things which is why I don't like resolutions, but this is just a word to have in the back of my mind for the year. Okay. Let's do this.

Because was the word of the year in 2013 which is weird because someone told me it was "selfie" but I am glad it isn't and my faith in humanity can now be restored.

The color of the year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid. Don't worry, I still have my faith in humanity. I think. I just don't understand why it has to be Radiant Orchid and not just Orchid, but then again I still don't understand the purpose of the color of the year.
"The captivating, magical and enchanting Radiant Orchid. An invitation to innovation, modern and versatile Radiant Orchid encourages creativity and originality. Imbued with a harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and its rosy undertones emanate great joy, love and health."
I can deal. It isn't the worst reason for picking a color, and I kind of like it. I'm waiting for mint to be the color of the year, and for the reason to be to start fresh, be clean, turn into a mermaid, etc...

So since it is almost the end of January, which is insane I might add, I thought I would pull from what has happened in January to influence my word of the year, and hopefully set the tone for the next 11 months. This year I hope to accomplish a lot of things, from growing in my work field, to growing my blog, and to becoming a senior in college. This time next year, I will be pulling up my big girl panties and getting ready to enter the job force with interviews, or applying to law schools or paralegal schools, or looking for apartments in New York (hey, a girl can dream, right?). Either way, next year isn't just college. That shit is real life (please reference Pitch Perfect, "This shit is real life. NOW. Don't just bring it, sing it, and let's do this").

Drumroll please...

My word of the year, for 2014 is:

What is your word of the year?
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS