Pages

Journaling v. Blogging

Monday, February 22, 2016

They say journaling is good for the soul. I, personally, feel more comfortable typing. It gets difficult, though, when you feel like you have so much to say, and you had these great ideas and bullet points in your head when you were sitting in traffic going to work this morning, yet when you finally have a chance to breathe, take a sip of wine, and unwind at the keyboard, you have nothing.

Mental constipation. 



So, with that being said, and another Monday under the rug, I want to talk about moving forward. It is hard to really "forget" the past. The past is a lesson and everything that happened in your past happened for a specific reason, and the same goes for your future. If it is meant to be, it will be. In 8th grade my quote was "everything happens for a reason." And while everyone else had Michelle Branch quotes or lyrics from their current favorite band at the time, little 8th grade me kind of sort of knew what she was talking about. Go, self! Now if only I could have stuck with that ideology through high school.

High school was kind of a wobbly phase for me, I didn't know where I fit in, I didn't know who I was, I was confused, wanted to be liked, and thankfully found some of my best friends I still have today. Surround yourself with likeminded people. They are worth it. My senior year of high school, I realized I needed to get away, and that meant Northern California, where it was far but not too far.

I ultimately didn't find myself until senior year of college. After a breakup. Or so I thought...
I became comfortable with who I was in college around sophomore year because I didn't have to try. What a concept. Actually be yourself, and you will attract good quality people. See, looking back I realize how many signs were presented to me, but I probably thought I was too cool or mature to do that. So here I am, trying to find myself all over again. I process I don't really want to end, because I feel like I am constantly evolving.

Just like this blog post, life starts from nothing. You sit down, think you have a five year plan, and then three years into it you change your mind, find your true passion at that moment, and the train leaves the tracks of your five year plan to ultimately follow your heart in what is right for you at that moment. Don't live for the future, live in the moment. What is right for you know, most likely won't be what is right for you in five years. So you want that cupcake? Eat it. You want to apply to grad school? Send in those applications. You want to continue working at the job you love but al your coworkers hate? Get that job experience, and prove yourself to no one other than yourself by sticking it out.

The world is a crazy place, and we just kind of have to run with it.
And with all of that being said, those are my Monday thoughts for the day. And see? If I would have been writing in a journal my hand probably would've gotten tired, I would have smudged something, and I would've ended up doodling. Which might have been cool, but here I am. Thanks for reading all the way through this ramble!



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS