Pages

Something New: Paleo?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

To follow a Paleo diet means to eliminate the following:

Grains, Legumes, Dairy, Sugar, Processed Foods, Alcohol

To be 100% honesty, as a college student on a budget, this is near impossible. So then, what is possible? And why is this even a blog post? Well, trying to eliminate as much bread, dairy, and processed foods is possible. And this is on my blog because I am going to try this.
Don't get me wrong, I love my pasta, my cookies, my pizza, and tacos. I love it all, but after this weekend in which all I ate were sweets, candy, and pasta (and sometimes eggs for breakfast) in the rush and commotion of recruitment, I got a wake up call. A wake up call to start eating healthy, something that has been put on the back burner, what feels like this past month or since the beginning of the semester. Whenever I didn't know what to eat or cook, pasta would be my go to. And as delicious as it always was, it is not the best choice, and I know that. This is why the Paleo diet intrigued me. I will not be able to afford all organic food, and it will be difficult not to bake that box of pumpkin scone mix I have in my pantry. All this being said, I am giving it a try, and starting the modified Paleo diet. Modified for me. For my budget, for my schedule, for my body. With all that being said, here are some of the goodies I picked up from Trader Joes today, and pictures of my yummy stir fry dinner (and leftovers for lunch tomorrow!).










No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS