Pages

Inter-Vibes

Thursday, September 17, 2015




Yes, the title of this blog post is me trying to be creative. It is also me trying to combine interview with vibes so it makes sense. In my mind... Right?

Now I am starting to question myself. Cool.

Lets talk about interviews.
There are multiple types of interviews. 

There are formal interviews, normally one on one, with a person in a suit, asking you typical questions, such as what is the last book you read? Why did you major in _____? Why would you be a good fit for this position?

Then there are the middle of the road type. Either you meet in their relaxed office, a joint conference room, a coffee shop if they are super trendy. It starts with awkward conversation, you get some Q&A time about you, and then you leave feeling sort of "eh."

THEN, my dear sweet reader person, there are the inter-vibes. These are the picture perfect interviews. These are the interviews that happen in movies or 17 magazine with the article title "how to nail your interview 101" or some cute clever thing that has been over done. These are the interviews that don't feel like interviews.

Now, none of these are bad, and none are good, and there are so many more, these are just the top 3 I could categorize in my brain. Everyone has their preference, and there is a time, place, and job for each. I personally like 1 and 3. I find lunch meetings in general awkward, so I feel that a lunch interview or even coffee interview would be uncomfortable. Or extremely judgmental, like more so than a normal interview.

But now, currently.... post interview:





No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS