Pages

Bippity Boppity Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Not going to lie, typing "blogger" into my Chrome browser was a very weird sensation and I'm still trying to figure out if it was more of a "what are you going to do there?" feeling or a "yeah! Let's have a fresh beginning!" feeling. If there was a gray area in between, that is where I currently am.

So hello, hi, shalom, happy Tuesday. Hope you had a fantastic Labor Day weekend! It's weird, my birthday usually falls on Labor Day weekend, and this year it didn't but I didn't notice until.... about five seconds ago. Actually, that is a lie. I realize when I was in Vegas last weekend, and I was extremely grateful because I would not have wanted to be in Vegas on Labor Day weekend. Too many people. Way too many people.

So here I am. Welcome. I was supposed to write this blog post earlier when I went to the gym, but that didn't happen for a multitude of different reasons. First being that I was on the elliptical and I would've probably fallen off, and second, I totally forgot until I was doing leg presses, but at that point I was really into my playlist and work out and people watching that I just kind of wrote it off. Oops. It's all good. I am here now, and that is all that matters. Right? Right.

So last night, I went to dinner with Rachel, who is basically my big sister. Side note, this post is going to be all over the place so maybe get some snacks, or water, or wine... definitely wine. So at dinner last night, Rachel and I were talking about life and it just made me put my life into perspective. I am twenty-two. I am employed (not doing anything remotely near what I thought I would be doing post grad life but hey, that's life). I have a house. I eat great food. I have great people in my life. Long story short, and after what would be a very long list of gratitudes, I have a great life, and I don't have much to complain about. Do I know what I want to do with my life? I mean, kind of? Sort of? Not really. Yeah I have a vague idea, but it is just an idea. I have my whole life in front of me! What more can I do right now? I'm sure there is a whole lot of things I could do, but I am going to be working for the rest of my life, so why not volunteer, and intern and do things that actually interest me before I dread going to work every morning, and hate my career. Because that, I don't want that.

I have never really stuck to one profession when asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I have stuck in the same range, besides when I was younger and said I wanted to be a princess (still true) or a doctor (science and I don't get along).  So yes, I have a focus, and the idea of law school is constantly poking the back of my head asking when I am going to actually consider it, but still. I have a paycheck, I have free rent (which is incredible, like as much as I want an apartment, free rent is so nice) and I have amazing people in my life who encourage me to be the best me, and don't rush me, and are proud of me for just being me. So I'd say twenty-two is going to be a good year. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. And hopefully I can remember that I have this little thing called the Internet where I can write everything that happens and log it into cyber space and hope that maybe one person can read it and smile, or give advice, or take advice. That's all I can really hope for right now, and I am totally and perfectly content with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS