Pages

Masters of Taste | Recap/Review

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to attend the first ever Masters of Taste in LA. It was hosted at the Rose Bowl, and I was able to hang out during set up, and stay until close. Let me tell you, I had a good time. 

I had a lot of regards. I thought it was going to be like Tacolandia, the last "all you can eat" type event I went to in LA, and I did not have the best of experiences there. I was expecting lines, more lines, small portions, and not a lot of different foods. 

False.



Masters of Taste was like all food events I have ever gone to, with a huge splash of luxury. There were 40 chefs and restaurants and almost 25 cocktails and alcohol companies. Talk about YUM.

Since we got there a little early, we approached a few unprepared booths. We decided to have a seat, claim our bench, and wait around until the event really began. VIP opened at 3, but most booths weren't fully set up until 4, so I would say that the general admission ticket is good enough, and not to worry about spending the extra money on VIP.


Parking was free, but we decided to Uber because, alcohol. There was lots of tacos, appetizers, and lots and lots of drinks. 



Not to play favorites, but The Raymond definitely won Masters of Taste in my book. Every hour they had a different Mezcal cocktail and taco pairing. I had two of them and they were both perfect. Just makes me want to visit them for their happy hour (which I have heard is out of this world).




Of course, the event would not have been the same without the people I went with, my amazing coworkers. I am so beyond lucky to have a job that allowed me to attend this event, enjoy some incredible company, and have the most fun filled, and perfect Sunday.

Before leaving, we hit up some of our favorite booths to thank them, and much to our surprise, or at least mine, we left with treats. From pastry goodie bags, to coconut waters, I ended up having so many things in my hands that I took a garbage bag and filled it with everything else. Judge me, I don't mind, I walked out of there with so many free samples I was so happy. Monday was like Masters of Taste part 2 with all of the goodies I had. 


Thank you, Masters of Taste for an incredible event! I can't see what this year's event has taught to make next year's even bigger, better, and more luxurious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS