Pages

When Is Cheating Okay?

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

You're probably reading the title of this post and are like uhm, hi cheating is never okay. Here are a few case scenarios where cheating is not most definitely not okay:
  • in a relationship
  • on a test
  • when it comes to money/taxes
You get the idea. So where can you cheat? Well, that is what this post is all about!

Last week I went to the gym every morning before work. Five out of seven days, way more than my average, and I hadn't felt better in weeks. So, why stop? This past Monday morning I woke up, and went to the gym. Same thing, starting a fantastic new habit, and I was all about it. Monday night rolled around though, and I was tired, didn't feel my best, and decided you know what? As great as I feel when I go to the gym in the morning, I am going to allow myself to sleep in. So, I did! Did I feel as great as I did when I go to the gym? No. Did I regret sleeping in? Definitely not. Everyone is allowed a cheat day. And when I say this, I don't mean go binge on ice cream and not eat anything remotely healthy, but it is okay to splurge every once in awhile, and get out of the routine, because it will make you realize one of two things.
  1. You're doing the right thing with your routine. Stick with it because it makes you feel amazing.
  2. Maybe there is something missing or off in your current routine, so try changing it up a bit!
Both create a learning experience. Both result in positive outlooks. Both will ultimately make you happier. Win, win, win!

Waking up an hour early to go to the gym is so crazy rewarding, it is insane. Of course, working out is great for you and great for your body, but I love the endorphins it gives, the motivation it gives me to really live my day out to the fullest, and there is something about watching the sunrise after leaving the gym in the morning. I am just starting to realize that all aspects of my life are somehow interconnected, and as I was finding happiness in some aspects of my life, I began developing happiness and healthiness in others; i.e. going to the gym more! 

Goals aren't goals until you start them. A goal that hasn't been started is just a dream.

You don't want to go to the gym tomorrow because you'd rather stay home and paint your nails? Girl, you do it. And while you're at it, catch up on some Netflix. You deserve it. It isn't cheating, it is treating. You are human and you deserve a change and a gift every once in awhile, so give it to your body!

I read an article on fitness trackers the other day from Refinery 29 and I realized so many things I had only thought about subconsciously about my fitness tracker. I have a FitBit Charge and it tracks my steps, flights, calories, and distance. It probably tracks other things, (like my sleep) but I primarily use it for my steps. I try to hit my step goal every day, but again, I am human. I don't do much walking at work, at max I get around 3,000 steps, which is like nothing. Yesterday, when I cheated, I only got like 4,000 steps. If that. This morning, I went to the gym, I had almost 6,000 by noon. So how did that make me feel? Like shit. I felt terrible that I could have done all of these steps the day before, and it was a day wasted, and just started beating myself up over this one day I took off, when it dawned on me that I went to the gym five times the previous week. The last time I went tot he gym five times in one week was when I was a sophomore in college. I was doing great. In fact, taking that day off was such a relief, because later that day I felt I was getting sick, so I was able to properly rest.

Why am I rambling on about my FitBit and numbers? Because that is it. They are just numbers. Yes, I love my FitBit, and I accept all of the challenges, and I try to it my step goal daily, but that's just it, it is just a number. It is a goal, but I will wake up the next morning and be able to do it again. It is not a one time shot. It is just like that scenario if you had x amount of dollars and had to spend it in one day what would you do with it, and it turns out to be seconds in the day. Your day is what you make it. Make it a day that makes you happy. Get those endorphins, grab a $5 cup of coffee, eat ice cream, see a friend, run 5 miles, smile uncontrollably. 

There is a saying that is on like every poster and wall decor sign in HomeGoods that says "Do One Thing Every Day That Makes You Happy." Why not 2? or 3? or 10?

The sky is the limit, so put your head in the clouds! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS