Pages

In 2 weeks....

Monday, June 9, 2014

In the past two weeks a lot has happened.
I started working. I got a tan (or so I like to thing. It's really more of a sunburn that has turned into a tan, so I'll take it.) I've also eaten at countless restaurants, had a family weekend that went surprisingly well, and checked some things off of my checklist. But oh, there is so so much more.








Now that I am finally getting into a set schedule again (thank you, work) I will be able to plan blog posts again. As you may or may not know, I am working at a summer camp this summer (like most summers) and camp starts today!

In two weeks, something kind of intense is going to happen. Not intense, that makes it sound bad. Let's go with serious? Genuine? Something like that. Anyways, "the boy" is coming. And meeting my parents. And we're going to Disneyland. For multiple days. And staying in a hotel. And this is the first time we're "spending the night together." And this is the first time we're spending more than just a few hours together (at least he'll finally eat in front of me?). And yeah. So I guess you could say it's kind of intense. But not in the bad way! I'm excited! But nervous...
I'm not nervous we'll run out of things to say. I'm not nervous to stay in the same room as him. I'm not nervous to go to Disneyland. I'm not nervous we won't have fun. I'm not nervous it will be awkward.
But I am nervous that he'll see/learn things about me he won't like or vice versa. I am nervous that we might get sick of each other (although I'm really, really really really hoping this doesn't happen). I am nervous that something could go wrong or badly and we don't handle it correctly. I am nervous we might want to kill each other by the end of this trip. But again. I am hoping that none of these things happen. I want this to go really well. I know we will have lots and lots of fun. I also hope he's himself when he meets my parents, like if that goes wrong.. But we won't think about that! I'm also meeting his best friend and we're double dating so I know it won't be awkward, I just hope that everything goes well and that this is a step forward and not a step back. You know?


But that's just the beginning. Like what if when we wake up, I have really bad breath. Like Cady Heron in Mean Girls.

Or what if, even though he's seen me without makeup, it's not what he's expecting me to look like when I wake up. Like, do I have to pull a Kristen Wiig from Bridesmaids and get up before him to put on mascara and brush my teeth?!

And what to I wear during the days?! Do I go comfy Disneyland or cute?! So many questions.
I need your advice and opinions now more than ever. Please and thank you. And sorry sorry sorry sorry for not posting as regularly as I normally do! I am going to try to get back to posting every week day! (Key word try, but try my hardest!)

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh my goodness calm down! You'll be fine, promise :) everything will happen the way it's supposed to happen, and I'm sure he's just as nsrvous as you! But about the whole bad breath/Cady/Kristen sit. just keep breath mints and mascara either under your pillow, under the bed, at the night stand, where ever! As long as it's in reachable yet hidden distance, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH so nervous but yay! Okay this makes me feel better (:

      Delete
  2. Just be yourself!!! He already likes you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same fear when my boyfriend and I first started dating...do I wake up early and go brush my teeth!? You should just keep a little tin of Altoids in your bag and then go to bed with your bag near the bed heheehhe. So you can reach over and pop some in without actually getting up. And don't be nervous! You're a wonderful girl so I'm sure he'll come away liking you ever more :]

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS