Pages

Devil Needs a Schedule

Thursday, January 7, 2016

As I sit down to write this post, just as I have the past week, I asked myself "what did today teach me?" But I didn't feel like just typing out my day, so we are going to have a play by play with GIFs from The Devil Wears Prada. Because, why not?

Well, today taught me a lot, and we will go into all of that, but the main thing it taught me is that I am a routine person. I plan things, I wake up, I go to work, I come home, I have a schedule and I enjoy sticking to it.

Today I set my alarm an hour early, to get to work two hours early, since I was leaving 5 hours early. Do you see how today made me realize that I like sticking to a set routine? My breakfast was eaten an hour earlier, my lunch was eaten an hour earlier, and even my dinner (which was frozen yogurt) was eaten earlier. So now, it is 9:30 and I'm hungry but it is too late to eat. It's fine I'm fine. Learn from your mistakes. Right? But in this case I want to grow from them.


Since working a 10-6 job, I haven't made the time to go to the gym. Do I go early in the morning or wait until the after work crowd dies down? That will be my experiment for next week. This week I kept it simple and just worked out at home.

So I was already thrown off this morning, and I also wore boots for the first time all week (sorry Nikes) so it was kind of a weird feeling in general. Getting to work 2 hours early helped a little, but definitely not a lot seeing as I still missed like 3 hours of solid work time, but it's okay, tomorrow is a new day. no stressing.


I had a meeting this morning and some tedious tasks that were just those things that need to be done but no one likes doing the, so once those were finished, my mom told me I needed to leave ASAP and so off I was, while everyone looked at me like "where do you think you're going?"


After leaving work at 1ish, I came home in no traffic, a crazy concept for LA, and took my mom to the dentist. Time just seemed to move at a glacial pace at this point.


I brought my book and read a few pages but kept being distracted my all of the patients coming in and out, the people gushing over Botox, setting up their kids to date in the future, and other receptionist gossip.


So, alas, I ended up watching some Periscope videos, listening to a few podcasts, and just like that my mom was out. This wasn't just a routine teeth cleaning, it was like surgery, but you probably don't need to know that. 


Regardless, we left the dentist to go get frozen yogurt, because what else are you supposed to eat after oral surgery. We walk in and the line to pay is weirdly long. Meaning, all of the people in the store were waiting to pay. Turns out, by the time we got to the register line, they figured out that the register was broken and everyone's fro-yos were free. Which I like weirdly felt bad about, but then again at the same time, free frozen yogurt. 

The rest of my day seems to be a blur. I'm at the point where it's just kind of like "what is free time" and "what do I do with it if it isn't the weekend?" My mom and I watched a movie, that was actually kind of depressing, and by kind of I mean if I saw it in the theatre I would have been one of two extremes: walked out or been super into it. But I wasn't so I just sat there, watched the movie, and enjoyed my frozen yogurt. 


And now? Well, post at home work out, right now I am planning on taking a nice hot shower, and getting a long, solid, night of sleep. And tomorrow, we return to the set schedule. And I cannot wait. 

Are you a routine person? A planner? How do you deal with not knowing what to do with your free time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS