Pages

Multiply and Blowout

Tuesday, January 12, 2016


A boy told me to listen to Ed Sheeran today and literally all I've been listening to all day is Ed Sheeran and I forgot how good he is. Hence the name of this blog post. Also, happy National Kiss A Ginger Day. Relatable. Good job, boy. Just kidding he had no idea it was National Kiss A Ginger Day, but told me yesterday was National Step In A Puddle Day...


So that is what I did at work today. Well, only part. I actually worked too. And broke a nail. And almost fell on my face. Lots of fun things.

We're going to talk about boys today. And by we I mean me, and by talk about I mean I'm going to vent and then we will get back to life and more important things that matter. So I guess my first question would be how do you feel about work relationships? I have seen them work and I have seen them fail. Both either extraordinary or awful. But never in between. Please share your stories, because I am actually very interested.
Disclosure - no I am not dating someone from my work. But I am crushing on one form what was a far and now not so far. He sang to me today and I kind of lost it but I am put back together now. Then he told me his favorite days were when he had meetings because he got to see me and walk past my desk. Done. And then I said oh yeah when I'm lucky and get to see you, and he counteracted saying he was the lucky one. Done. Again.


So they talk the talk, but can they walk the walk, while keeping up with me? My thing with guys, just from what I have learned from my past relationships is this:
  • It shouldn't be work. Yes relationships take effort, but it shouldn't have to feel like work or like you are forcing it. Because once it is forced it is essentially over.
  • It should be organic. This stems back to the work thing, but more importantly that is mutual on both sides, and just feels right. This one is difficult because I have been one in the past to not go with the flow, but really, that is the main way to develop a good relationship. Or that's what I think, at least.
  • It needs to be mutual. Feelings, effort, everything.
  • Communication is everything. Self explanatory.
This all being said, and the reason this is a topic on the blog today, is that someone asked me if I was dating anyone. And I would be lying if I said no, but I would also be lying if I said yes. Does that make sense? I should add a bullet point that "it shouldn't be complicated" but it most likely will be and we don't live in a perfect world. I hate saying I have a few guys in my back pocket, but that's kind of what it is. I don't like it. I like them each for their own special reasons. But I also love being single. Struggle city in the love department here. But it's okay. We're moving forward.




Work today was a catch up day. I caught up on things I needed to do, things I needed to organize, etc. Necessary, tedious, useful, long. But no complaints, as I ended my day with a complimentary DryBar blowout.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS