Pages

Just Keep Swimming

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy Saturday!

Today I went to the aquarium, which was SO MUCH FUN. No sarcasm. It was really fun. Minus the kids in strollers everywhere, but hey that's just like Disneyland you just have to live with it.

I headed over to Rachel's, aka my other half, and we went to Kreation... because we are addicted. After my coffee fix and her wanna-be-acai-bowl fix, we made the trek down to Long Beach and met up with two of her coworkers who are just as sassy and sarcastic as me, so that was great. I pet jellyfish, took a picture with a fake penguin that my mom thought was real from the picture, and I fed birds (I hate birds). Of course, I did all of this and took tons of pictures so here are some of those in case you don't follow me on any other social media platform:



Beautiful photos, I know, I try. Just kidding. Also, yes, I'm wearing workout clothes because why would I wear cute clothes to just walk around. I have done that before and learned my lesson. Plus, my Nike addiction got kind of bad last year and I need to wear them more.

Reality check time: I'm actually the annoying friend who is always like "OMG take my photo!" and my friends get really annoyed but they know the effort I put into my Instagrams and now my blogs so it's okay... I think, I don't know, actually... I don't really ask because I'm afraid to know that they actually hate taking my photos so let's just pretend my friends love taking photos for me. 

After the aquarium, Rachel and I headed to Silver Lake to check out a crystal shop, but we ended up getting hungry so we made a Pad Thai stop first. After Pad Thai, we went to the crystal shop and explored our inner chakra, what different crystals can do for the individual, and got a very brief, like very very brief intro on that area of spirituality/calming/meditation/whatever you want to call it. 

One of my newest things, not just for 2016 but for life, is to be more open to different experiences and views on the world, so why not learn about different things if it's right down the street from my friend's house!


(Plus, they're all like really pretty...)



My only "resolution," per say, for 2016 is "16 in 16": 
16 new things that either challenge me, get me out of my comfort level, or leave me with memories over materials. 16 isn't a lot, and the list definitely isn't done, but I know that I want one of them to be to try new books or podcasts, and at this point in my life, I am just open to positivity, in whichever form that may be. 

What are some of your favorite lifestyle or positivity books or podcasts? 
Hope you had a great first Saturday of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS