Pages

Basket of Empties

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Back in the day, when I used to make YouTube videos, aka last year? I did a few "Products I have used up" videos, or "Monthly Empties." Since I have gotten back from Madrid, there are a few products that I have used up and I figured, why not write a blog post about it? I mean if I did a video, why not do a blog post, right? Well, I thought I'd put them all in a basket, and show you what they are, how I liked them, if I am going to repurchase them, etc, and then throw them away!

Products (from left to right):
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
L'Oreal Eversleek Sulfate Free Shampoo & Conditioner
Boost Tangerine Woods Body Scrub from Bath and Body Works
Moonlight Path Triple Moisture Body Wash from Bath and Body Works
Benefit They're Real! Mascara
HAI Flat Iron (I'm still really upset about this one)
Deep Steep Grapefruit and Bergamot Body Butter

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is just that! I love this product and have repurchased it several times. I have yet to repurchase it though because I am trying to give my hair a break of harsh shampoos and hair masks. Just for the summer though, and then I will probably go right to the store and pick one up! My favorite thing about this product might be the smell though (: If you are not a fan of coconuts, steer clear!

I loveeeee the L'Oreal Sulfate Free/Eversleek line! My mom has a ton stocked up in our house, so I will definitely keep using this shampoo and conditioner combo!

The Boost Tangerine Woods body scrub if probably my all time favorite body scrub... EVER! I love the way it smells, leaves my skin feeling, the whole deal! Only thing is, I only get it when it is on sale, so it's a good thing I have a back up!

Moonlight Path Triple Moisture Body Wash is amazinggg! This was my first time ever using this product (triple moisture body wash) and I used in it place of shaving cream. It is an incredible product! The smell is very relaxing as well, but I think its time for something a bit more summery!


I'm going to leave my flat iron for last, but the Benefit They're Real! Mascara quickly went from being my least favorite, to my favorite mascar within a few short weeks. When I first picked up this mascara I was confused about the wand, the texture, the finish, everything. Then I began layering it as the final coat in order to separate my lashes and leave a nice finish and oh goodness me, my lashes never looked better! I am one to always change mascaras though, so I am currently trying out a few different drugstore ones to see how I like those If you are in the market for a new mascara though, I definitely recommend this one!

Deep Steep body butter was a gift from my aunt, from Christmas I believe? But I wanted to save it for the spring time because of the scent! It came in a gift package with a body wash (of the same scent) also, but I used that up way before the body butter. It was a very thick lotion, hard to completely rub in at times, but the scent and length of moisture was worth it! I haven't see this brand in many stores, but the next time I do I am curious to see what other scents they have! As of now I am using some body butters in the tin from Bath and Body Works and Pacifica!

And now for my flat iron. I actually don't have it in me to throw it away yet, so it might just hang out in my bathroom for another week... When I went to Spain, I brought a voltage converter along with the different plugs to charge stuff. I used my flat iron once with the converter and it worked fine, but my roommate in Madrid used her flat iron and it burnt her hair! I was scared to use my flat iron after that, but one morning my hair was going crazy, so I made the courageous decision (Pitch Perfect reference) to use my flat iron. Yet, to my surprise, when I plugged it in, it didn't work. I took it as a sign, and didn't use hot tools on my hair for the remainder of the trip. (Mind you this was during week 1). When I came home on Saturday, I washed and blow dried my hair, and when I went to use my flat iron, it was dead. This was my second HAI flat iron, so I knew how to really check if it was dead, and it was. 
I have purchased a new flat iron, and so far so good, but nothing will compare to my HAI flat iron. 

And now I am going to go throw all of these trusty products out! Besides my flat iron, of course. Maybe I can revive it (:


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS