Pages

Tinder and Fat Amy

Thursday, November 21, 2013

I would like to preface this by saying that I have never been cat-fished, and that my "online dating disaster" is more of an "LOL that's interesting" story. 


(Co hosted by RachaelMelissa, and Rachel.)

Let's start with freshman year when my roommate, Erika, and our friend Tokyo (no his real name isn't Tokyo but just go with it) decided to go on Chat Roulette. Why? I don't know. We were bored freshman in a dorm room at like 11:30 at night. What else to you expect? This was freshman year. Don't judge. Anyways, so I ended up getting asked out on a date over Chat Roulette which was really nice, I guess, minus the fact that this guy was not my type, at all, and his roommate was actually the cute one. But it was a decent conversation that wasn't someone naked or someone trying to scare us. We also met a really nice man who was a singer and he sang for us, so that was fun. 
Long story short though, I saw too many things I didn't want to see and haven't been on Chat Roulette since freshman year.
Then, last year, I decided to hop on the Tinder bandwagon seeing as everyone in my sorority had it and some girls had actually gone on successful dates. I wasn't about to do that. Most of the people I talked to weren't horrible, and I surprisingly didn't talk to any vulgar people. Clearly I could just tell from their picture if they were going to be a decent human or not. Or they just didn't click the heart for me. (I like to think the first one is right.) I almost got coffee with one guy, but the stars were not aligned and ended up he was going on his first Tinder date with my friend. SMALL WORLD, SAN FRANCISCO, SMALL WORLD. After that, I used Tinder once in a blue moon and it made me feel good about myself. I mean guys are literally telling you that you are pretty, but then they want to talk and that was just too much for me at the time. So I said goodbye to Tinder and now, here I am, single as can be, with no regrets, other than I really wish that I would have taken screen shots of some of the weird messages and bizarre pick up lines like Rachel did!

If I were to making a dating profile on any website, I'm pretty sure it would have to be on a Jewish dating site, just because I know people who have actually gotten married off of sites like Jew-Date or something like that. For now, I will continue to Facebook and Instagram stalk cute guys, and that will probably be the extent of my online action. But, in the wise words of Fat Amy:


To be honest, though, I want an interesting story of how we met. More interesting than, "one day, I liked your profile picture.. the rest is history." I'm not asking for a "we both went for the same jar of almond butter at Trader Joes, and from that moment on, I knew it would be love" but come on people, I want a little excitement!

Only because I want something like this:


And not like this:





Blogtastic Holiday Season:

Wishlist:

If you follow me on Twitter, than you already know, BUT this beauty came out today.
WHY MUST YOU BE $53?! Ugh, I have a feeling once it sells out, I am going to regret not getting it. Why? Because that has happened with the other 2 Naked Palettes. But alas, I have them both, I just get them like four months after everyone else. Oh well!


Oh and this picture justifies that all three are different...




Have an amazing Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS