Pages

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

When I was younger, we went around the table at Thanksgiving and said what we were thankful for. Everyone said friends, family, children, their jobs, etc.. I, being a young, and I guess very sympathetic child, decided to be different from every one else. Before it got to me, I started to cry, and everyone at the table was probably like okay drama queen, it can be your turn. When it was my turn, I thanked the turkey for dying. So, that happened.


This year, I am thankful for Thanksgiving.

Yes, of course I am thankful for my family, amazing friends, my education, and all of the opportunities I have gotten this year, but I am so thankful for Thanksgiving.

This year, Thanksgiving could not come at a better time.

I am thankful 
for the time I will get to spend with my family,
for both Thanksgiving and Hanukkah,
for a much needed break from school,
for being able to go see my favorite singer in concert,
for being able to cuddle with my dog,
for seeing friends at home,
for being able to call Los Angeles my home,
for having a five person Thanksgiving (I love my small family),
for being able to say I am thankful.


Although I am only going home for four days, every day is going to be packed with things and people I love and am thankful for. And with that, I am extremely grateful, blessed, thankful for this blog, for creating it, for sticking with it, for the people I have met through it, for the community I am slowly being welcomed into. So I thank you, because I am thankful for you.

Now the challenge? To remember all of these things I am so thankful for as I head to one of my least favorite places (the airport) to do one of my least favorite things (fly) on the busiest travel day of the year. Wish me luck!

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS