Pages

Heaven. Superheroes. Thanksgivukkah/Christmukkah

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I am finally reading a decent book for my literature class. The other books we had to read were no fun, or were too dark, or were just confusing. Now we are reading The Lovely Bones and Welcome to Our Hillbrow and seeing as I probably would have been scared of the movie The Lovely, I never saw it so I didn't think to read the book, either. As for Welcome to Our Hillbrow, I had never heard of it, but it is surprisingly good! 

Lovely Bones cover.jpg
But now is my time. 
Of course, I am also re-reading Catching Fire to prepare for the movie coming out next weekend. YAY! I am actually really excited for the movie, seeing as the trailer gave me chills.


As mentioned in my previous post, I recently saw Thor 2 and regained my appreciation for the Avengers. I don't know why, but I just love them and superheroes in general. On Monday I had to explain the tesseract to my office. Who am I? 
Also, if you don't know what that is... google it.
To add on to the randomness of this post, I would like to say how excited I am for the holidays. But I am not THAT excited to start playing holiday music or start decorating. 
I can wait until Thanksgivukkah/Nov. 29 to begin preparation. 
I feel like every year, holiday prep gets bumped up a few weeks and this year's Halloween was like the normal Thanksgiving (the day after, the holiday season prep began and holiday music blaring). Maybe it's because of Hanukkah being so early? Who knows. Maybe I am just bitter that Hanukkah is so much earlier than Christmas this year, because I actually enjoy celebrating them in the same month, I don't know.
And for clarification, seeing as I don't ever think I have said this on my blog, maybe because I haven't had it for the holiday season yet, but yes, I celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas. Christmukkah!
My mom's family is Jewish, and my dad's Christian meaning I get to celebrate both! This isn't a "I get presents everyday and it's like my birthday came twice" no no no. This is more of a "we never have to decide which side of the family to celebrate this holiday with this year." My Hanukkah present came early this year, partially because I put it on my credit card and ordered it for my mom and I. But, I am going to see Michael Buble on November 29th, the OFFICIAL day to begin celebrating the holidays (: I am so excited! 

Michael Buble Lands Fourth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200
I know he is a husband and recent father, but hi. He's gorgeous. And Canadian.

Sorry for the randomness of this post, I just had a lot of little things to say, so what better way to say them than wrapped up in a blog post of randomness!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, I turn into a little kid at a candy shop and get really giddy. Plus it makes my day (:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS